Why I'm Weird

Have you ever done something that makes you think to yourself 'am I crazy?' 

Well I do... All the time.

Little weird habits and behaviours are what make us who we are and most likely why our friends get on with us. Some weirder than others, here are some of my strange vices.

1. Weird food sandwiches
I have this weird urge to take a perfectly normal thing and put it in between two pieces of bread. I didn't think it was really that weird until I started recommending such homemade sandwiches to my friends to which the responses were less than savoury. Example number one is the Dorito and Philidelphia sandwich. A delicacy for me, it's simply a glorified crisp butty. Creamy cheese with tangy crisps, apparently this is weird. Example number two is the noodle sarnie, usually done with super noodles, just lavish your bun with butter and add a fork full of noodles. Carb overload, delicious but weird.




2. My need to quote Friends
If like me you've watched every episode of friends more than 10 times you may understand this. There are some situations in life where you can directly quote from the American sitcom and I really struggle with this as nobody usually knows what I'm talking about most of the time. Here's a prime example of said weirdness. So I had to move desks in my office a few months ago and during this somebody made a move that would inherently make it difficult for everybody else. To which the friends quote 'you're ruining moving day for us' so quickly came to mind. Luckily I'm not so alone is this as my two friends Sophie and Rachel do exactly the same as this and we quite regularly quote 'flan for three' to eachother. 

3. I have ketchup with near enough everything
This has been something I've done since I can remember really. I have ketchup with the usual stuff like chips etc but I take it one step further. Adding it to things like macaroni cheese and even my Sunday Dinner. 


4. Double dipping
I'm not the only person who likes to have the best of two things so before you judge hear my plea. When I eat I usually have ketchup with some other dip. Subways consists of ranch and ketchup, dominos is that delicious garlic and herb sauce with ketchup and after an extremely regretful night of drinking, a pizza with garlic mayo and ketchup is usually the number one thing on my mind. Elliot has a real issue with this, he just can't grasp the concept of enjoying the flavor of two sauces. He'll learn.

5. Animal Voices
I have 2 border collies called Harry & Brody as well as a little ginger cat called Caesar who are the most adorable trio ever. But for some reason I have this need to interpret what I think they would say or think all of the time, not only that though, it's always in either a Turkish or Russian accent. Weird right? 


These are just a few that I could think of off the top of my head, I'll be sure to add some more when they pop up.

Are you a weirdo too? I thoroughly encourage that you copy this post and let everyone know your quirks.



15 comments:

  1. I'm totally the same with ketchup, I have to have loads of it with everything I eat, obsessed!

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I have big bottle and insist on having a back up bottle incase nobody remembers to buy ketchup when the present bottle is being used. x

      Delete
  2. I love this post!!

    My brother and I quote Friends all the time, there are just so many quotes that fit in with everyday life!


    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't there! We also always do the cooing noise that Phoebe makes when she loses the lottery tickets x

      Delete
  3. My dog is called Monty so you know he has a posh English accent flourished with 'daaaarling's and the like, so glad I'm not entirely alone haha
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha love that! At least yours has a reason for being British, my dogs are from Stoke but sound like they're from Russia x

      Delete
  4. the friend's quote, I thought it was going to be "PIVOT" haha. My friend and I also often quote "I didn't think this through" and then laugh while everyone looks at us like we're crazy

    ReplyDelete
  5. the friend's quote, I thought it was going to be "PIVOT" haha. My friend and I also often quote "I didn't think this through" and then laugh while everyone looks at us like we're crazy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant post! I must be strange too though, I am a big quoter of 'Friends' - love it.

    www.AAUBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there x

      Delete
  7. "he just can't grasp the concept of enjoying the flavor of two sauces. He'll learn. "

    This really made me laugh, I had to comment! Great post you weirdo :)

    Love Zoe x
    www.facevaluebeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't knock it until you've tried it :)

      Thanks Zoe

      x

      Delete
  8. I'm the same with Friends and the sandwiches! I also like cold curry on toast! And a sandwich with a potato waffle in the middle and chili flakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty for the cold curry on toast too. x

      Delete