Exante - My Experience

Dieting. 

It's always on my mind and although it sometimes gets me down, my general premise towards my body is that I'm not fat but I'm not skinny either. I'm kinda somewhere in between.. I'll say curvy.

I'm a real foodie, as you'll know from previous posts, and although I am happy I sometimes wish I could scroll through the likes of Topshop, ASOS and River Island thinking that I could wear everything and not have thunder thighs, expose my arms or have to get my tummy out. Crop tops are the enemy is what I'm trying to say and they are everywhere at the moment.

So when I got asked if I wanted to try out the Exante diet for a week, I thought why not. I've read some amazing success stories on their website and there's no harm in controlling my appetite for a while.They have a number of different programmes to follow, I was on Total Solution which requires you to consume just 3 Exante products a day. However they do have other programmes where meals can be incorporated into the diet.




I was given an array of shakes, soups, snacks and meals to try for 7 days. Having 3 a day totaling at 600 calories. 

Daily Diary


Monday - After going from eating whatever I wanted to eating 600 calories, I definitely felt the hunger as my stomach was just craving carbs. However it wasn't too overwhelming and I quite enjoyed trying out the new food and shakes 




Tuesday - Discovering the blender was a triumph for the shakes. For anyone who is going to try this, add ice and 350ml water to your shake and blend. I did this with Vanilla and a spoonful of coffee. Hello delicious Iced Vanilla Latte. I also found out that having a Coke Zero (the only drink other than water allowed) during the day kept hunger at bay and mixed things up a bit when I was feeling bored. 




Wednesday & Thursday- These 2 days were a real struggle for me, all I could think about was food and nothing else. However, I wasn't feeling hungry anymore and drinking plenty of water was having a visible positive effect on my skin.

Friday - Probably a total loss of appetite on this day, purely because the shakes and meal I had were surprisingly filling now that my stomach was getting used to the amount of calorie intake. At this point I would say I was in Ketosis, the stage of a diet where your body starts to recognize weightloss.





Saturday - I was with Elliot this weekend so it was hard to keep on track. However when I was craving food I think it was purely based on how good it smelled rather than me actually being hungry.

I find that I can't relate weight loss from one person to myself unless I know their height. So for those of you out there like me I'm 5 ft 7. 

The Results

Start Weight - 11.6 stone

End Weight - 11.1 stone 

  I feel pretty amazing that I lost 5lbs in a week, any more and it probably wouldn't be too healthy for my body.

Final Thoughts

My favourite part of the Exante Diet were the shakes and the hot meals (they do spag bol, chilli and shepherd's pie), the soups and the hunger were a definite low point for me but once the hunger subsided I was pretty much in the zone for weight loss. 

Overall I enjoyed my Exante experience and would recommend it to somebody who has a lot of weight to shed or an occasion that they want to lose a few pounds for.It's not easy, but it's effective and if done with a weight loss buddy to keep you on track I reckon you'll be feeling bikini ready in no time.



1 comment:

  1. Wow well done you! I don't know if I'd be able to do it - the chocolate cravings would be too strong! Also I'd HAVE to add cheese to my spag bol!
    Hannah x
    http://howhannahdoesit.com

    ReplyDelete