Being a little kid again



When I was little, I LOVED dinosaurs. I was a bit of a tomboy and was obsessed with nature, creepy crawlies and weirdly I quite enjoyed science. Elliot was too obsessed with this world as a little boy and so solidifies the reason why we are now the perfect pair.

So whilst in London the best place for a former geek to be is the Natural History Museum. With an exhibit solely dedicated to Dinosaurs we were more than excited to see what was in store for us. Featuring robotic Velociraptors and an impressive moving T-Rex that had the excitement building for the rest of the exhibit. Filled with fossils, pictures and loads of information we were soon in our element. Making stupid dinosaur jokes that only a Paleontologist would understand. 













We then made our way through to the world of animals that inhabit our world today. With an impressive structure of the actual size of a Blue Whale taking center stage as one of the most impressive and awe inspiring things I've ever seen. 




Creepy Crawlies was one of Elliot's favourite exhibits. Filled with horrifying spiders and centipedes as well as some of the gruesome facts of nature that frankly an arachnophobe should never be exposed to.





We walked through the world of Birds and ended up in an exhibit exploring the geographical side of our world. Filled with geodes and crystals we were taken a back by the beauty that could be created under natural conditions. 













Heading through to the Darwin exhibit we learned about his research and how many of the answers we have today about us and the world around us came from such a legendary man.  

We then finished our tour inside the building, sat in the sun with an ice cream and headed towards the Butterfly sanctuary. Filled with exotic, beautiful butterflies with a rainbow of colours to enjoy.









We then headed to the London Eye, having never been on it before, both of us got our tickets and enjoyed the spectacular views of the busy city from it's highest point. 












Taking advantage of the sun we then headed to a bar along the Themes and enjoyed a few drinks whilst talking about how great the trip was going so far. 

China Town was calling and we well an truly answered. Finishing the day with a Chinese feast and some 'fish' treats from a bakery along the street. (don't worry, these fish were waffle based with a gorgeous custard in the middle) 

We then headed home to finish yet another perfect day in London. We don't want to leave at this point.




10 comments:

  1. Great pictures and looks like you had a great day, I think the last time I went here I was 12! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been before so I felt like a 12 year old being there. So cool xx

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures! The Natural history museum is fab. hope you're having a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the part of london you went to, I'm forever on the south bank everytime I go I end up there, I also love the aquarium there if you haven't been I highly suggest it its amazing! I spent a lot of my childhood in the natural history and science museum so they are really nostalgic lol! Looks like you had a fabulous time :)

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wanted to go to the aquarium but ran out of time. We'll definitely be paying that a visit next time.

      Thanks Jamie-Lee xxx

      Delete
  4. J'adore les photos avec le miroir déformant ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing time! I love the Natural History Museum.

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete