The 2 C's - Catch Ups & Cocktails

My two best friends, Sophie & Rachel have been on the scene for a long time. But since they (selfishly) went away to university we meet up whenever they are home and have big catch ups, most of the time involving delicious cocktails. 

Didn't take us much convincing to head over to Liverpool for a quick spot of shopping followed by cocktails to gossip and mooch over. 

As we waited for Rachel to arrive, me and Sophie went for a quick Starbucks. This is something we ALWAYS end up doing, but hey we love it and the caramel macchiato was INCREDIBLE.






After stalking Rachel for a good 2 minutes :P we then had a wander around the new Beauty Bazaar by Harvey Nichols. Girls, this place does not disappoint. Filled with brands like MAC, Laura Mercier and NARS you honestly will be in heaven once you step inside here.







Now it was down to the serious business, where to have our first cocktails. We opted for a Latin inspired bar/restaurant called Las Iguanas, serving 2 for 1 cocktails which was perfect for getting us going for the night. Sophie ordered Caipirinha, which contained a whole lotta lime and a good splash of vodka. Rachel, always the one for a fruity drink, went for Mango Collins, which I was severely jealous of and contained mango vodka, mango, oj and lemonade. I went for my trusty favourite, a cosmopolitan, but with pomegranate and acai berrry rather than cranberry. Amazing.








We then decided that food was our next big decision. Pesto was calling and we well and truly answered. Shopping makes girls hungry, surely you can understand that?

So we ordered dipping breads to start followed by a feast of tapas so delicious it makes me hungry thinking about it now. 

I ordered the Margarita pizza, Stuffed peppers and Spicy potatoes. Rachel ordered the stuffed peppers also (copy cat), some chicken thighs and a prawn dish. Sophie opted for some spicy sausage, goats cheese pizza and pasta. All washed down with a bottle of wine we were well and truly stuffed. But we could still handle a few cocktails, so on wards we went!















I've been to Palm Sugar and loved it so it felt natural to return and experience the amazing cocktails they serve again. First round consisted of a White Peach Bellini, Strawberry Bellini and a Sex and the Fizzy. Followed by a Stam Smile, Cosmopolitan and Strawberry Daquiri. 

















With the night coming to an end we headed off to our train. 





The whole day was filled with much needed girly chats, gossips and laughs, I love these girls to bits and everyone should have a group of friends like them :) A much needed occasion. 


8 comments:

  1. This is my type of catch up! I'm so jealous of all the food and cocktails!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good, well overdue. Love a good cocktail we do :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Looks like the perfect catch up! Italian food and cocktails are my favourite.

    Amy xx

    www.amodernminute.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, it really was. Me too, and it was tapas so we got to try a bit of everything. YUM! xx

      Delete
  3. Your food photos have made me so hungry haha. Damn you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm really sorry! Got to love food photos though. It's all I do now in my spare time lol xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds like the perfect day to me! I'm off up north at Uni and I miss my two best friends so much. Whenever I'm home this is pretty much what we do (eat, drink and natter) and its just the best :) I loved reading this post, made me think of my two besties xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww see I'm the one that gets left behind while they're at uni, so its so good when they come back home. I'm glad you liked the post xxx

      Delete