Pizza Bombs



So my love of pizza has brought me on the path of something truly delicious.

Pizza Bombs

Mostly known as Pizza Bomba but I think Pizza Bombs perfectly sums up these beautiful doughy spheres.
Pizza Bombs basically are balls of pizza dough with mozzarella and tomato sauce in the middle. How amazing does that sound??

To make 4 Pizza Bombs you will need

For the dough;
175g Pizza Dough
1 tsp of olive oil
100ml of Luke warm water

For the middle;
One packet of mozzarella
Passata
Basil
Crushed Garlic
Chilli
Salt & Pepper

To start prepare your dough by mixing the dough, oil and water and kneading until it feels firm. Leave to settle for 30 minutes.




For the sauce simply add 150ml of passata with a sprinkling of basil, 1 tsp crushed garlic and chilli to taste. You can add as much of this as you like depending on how spicy you want your sauce. I like mine with a kick so added a fair bit of chilli .






Once you've waited 30 minutes, rip your dough into 4 equal parts, they should be the size of limes in your hand. Then place onto a flour dusted surface and roll out until it's round and has the thickness of a pound coin.




Cup your hand and place the dough into it, making a clear dip for you to add your fillings into. Using a tablespoon of sauce and a torn off piece of mozzarella, add into the cupped dough and fold together. Sealing the edges to make sure you get no leakages.





Place in the oven for ten minutes on some grease proof paper.

Once out, enjoy! Who woulda thought it eh? A mini bite of pizza heaven!





Of course you can experiment a bit with this, adding shredded pepperoni or chicken to add another dimension to this treat.
I can assure you that your friends will be impressed by this. A great treat for a dinner party.

Pizza Bomb Bloopers
Ok so the 3 pizza bombs above are pretty good looking right? Well check out my first attempt...





What a travesty.

So I hope that this gives you great comfort that if you're trying out this recipe that my first attempt didn't go particularly well.

20 comments:

  1. OMGG This looks delicious. Can't believe I never thought of that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were amazing. I'm glad I put the idea into your head :) xxx

      Delete
  2. These sound amazing! I'm definitely going to give these a go!


    Photo-Jenn-ic


    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just book marked this to show my boyfriend haha :) we love pizza so this is the perfect recipe for us! Thanks for sharing dx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad that I've inspired you :) xxx

      Delete
  4. These look awesome :)
    I think they'd do so well rolled in garlic butter and some sea salt as well. Might have to try these next time and let you know how it goes.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing!! What a good idea, yeah let me know :) made me hungry now xxx

      Delete
  5. if i could have these for breakfast right now i would they look amazing!

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm really bad with pizza lol xx

      Delete
  6. These look so good! I LOVE pizza and its all i eat oops.
    definitely trying these!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be making these again soon. You'll have to let me know how they turn out xx

      Delete
  7. These look incredible, will definitely be attempting to make these. Thanks for sharing, doll. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. Anytime :) can't wait to show you my next snack lol xxx

      Delete
  8. ohmahgawd!!!!

    I have fallen in LOVE with these,

    I am sharing away

    Amy
    missmarywrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol You'll have to let me know how they turn out if you make them :) xxx

      Delete
  9. oh my god this post did not help my healthy eating haha. These look amazing, absolute carb-related indulgence haha xxxx
    Lauren
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. didn't help me either. exactly, honestly on is enough too xx

      Delete
  10. argh these look too nice!!! I'd put some form of meat in mine I think if I made them!! I'm scared i'll get addicted though lol

    Jade | Beauty Butterfly Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what is so good about them, you can add whatever you like in the middle xx

      Delete