Creme Egg Brownies


So I can officially say it... I have a sweet tooth.

I love chocolate!! And I love brownies, so what better way to celebrate Easter than with some super delicious chocolate Creme Egg Brownies.

So me and Elliot had a rather in depth discussion on whether to opt for a Betty Crocker mix or not and came to the conclusion that we wouldn't cheat and that we'd make them from scratch. 




  
3 large eggs  
275g golden caster sugar
185g unsalted butter
185g best dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
6 Cadbury’s Crème eggs (cut in half)







So we melted the dark chocolate with the butter over a hob and mixed the eggs and sugar until it was thick like custard. We then added these together and began the mixing of the flour and cocoa powder.





Once smooth add to your tray of choice and cook for 15 minutes.








Whilst this is cooking take your eggs out of the fridge ( we found ours really hard to cut in half when they were cold ) Cutting them in half, ready to be put into the brownie mix.


Mmm so tempting to eat...






Must prevail and we add them to our semi cooked brownies and cook them for another 10 minutes until the creme eggs are are runny and gooey...

Now for the fun bit, tucking in. Hope you enjoy making these and above all, eating these this Easter :) you'll have a very happy house with these. 


If you want to turn these into cupcakes, head over to Milkbubbletea

20 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh they look so yummy! xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing! I want a slice now please :L

    Hazel X
    www.whichhazel05.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to make them for Easter weekend :) really are worth it :) xx

      Delete
  3. I need to make these, I love creme eggs!
    My little blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has made me love creme eggs more, I didn't think that was possible. :)

      x

      Delete
  4. How amazing is this post. Seriously drooling! I want to try making a cupcake then crushing a creme egg over the icing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OO yeah, i was thinking of making like a chocolate nest (god knows how) with the mini creme eggs inside it for decoration on cupcakes. so many ideas xxx

      Delete
  5. God this looks amazing! I need somebody to make these for me!! Also... just letting you know I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Take a look here xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOD.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amaaaazing!!! Making me crave a Creme egg! Love the stirring pic, very arty!

    Love Zoe x
    www.facevaluebeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't intentional, I just think Elliot stirs fast lmao. looks like a black hole doesnt it lol

      Hope you're well
      :)


      Xxx

      Delete
  8. These look scrummy!
    Good work!
    Hayley xxx
    www.beautyrambles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) can't wait to show you my next creation! :) xx

      Delete
  9. They look amazing? I love brownies so much, but when ever I try to make them they just come out like cake! lol!

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no! maybe try this recipe and see what happens. These came out amazing x

      Delete
  10. These look sooo good. I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to give this a go this week, they look absolutely amazing!

    C.x
    whatcheryldid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  12. This looks like a slice of heaven!

    http://haul-oholic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete